Tetrasodium pyrophosphate Properties
- Melting point:
- 80 °C
- Boiling point:
- 93.8 °C
- 2.53 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
- storage temp.
- Store at room temperature.
- H2O: 0.1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
- Specific Gravity
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in water. Insoluble in ethyl alcohol.
- Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 7722-88-5(CAS DataBase Reference)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Diphosphoric acid, tetrasodium salt(7722-88-5)
- Risk and Safety Statements
- Hazard and Precautionary Statements (GHS)
|Hazardous Substances Data||7722-88-5(Hazardous Substances Data)|
Tetrasodium pyrophosphate price More Price(6)
|Manufacturer||Product number||Product description||CAS number||Packaging||Price||Updated||Buy|
|Sigma-Aldrich||P8010||Sodium pyrophosphate tetrabasic ≥95%||7722-88-5||500g||$41.9||2018-11-13||Buy|
|Sigma-Aldrich||P8010||Sodium pyrophosphate tetrabasic ≥95%||7722-88-5||2.5kg||$193||2018-11-13||Buy|
|Alfa Aesar||013439||Sodium pyrophosphate, anhydrous tech.||7722-88-5||1kg||$57.2||2018-11-20||Buy|
|Alfa Aesar||013439||Sodium pyrophosphate, anhydrous tech.||7722-88-5||250g||$28.8||2018-11-20||Buy|
|Alfa Aesar||A17546||Sodium pyrophosphate 98%||7722-88-5||250g||$28.2||2018-11-20||Buy|
Tetrasodium pyrophosphate Chemical Properties,Uses,Production
DescriptionSodium pyrophosphate, also called Tetrasodium pyrophosphate or TSPP is used in the laboratory as a buffering agent. The compound has been shown to be useful in the preparation of an EDTA-sodium pyrophosphate extraction buffer for microcystin analysis of soil samples. Tetrasodium pyrophosphate is an odorless, white powder or granules. It is used in water softener, buffering agent, thickening agent, dispersing agent, wool de-fatting agent, metal cleaner, soap and synthetic detergent builder, general sequestering agent, in electrodeposition of metals. It also acts as a tartar control agent in toothpaste and dental floss. In addition, it is used as a chelating agent in antimicrobial studies. It is also used as a food additive in common foods such as chicken nuggets, crab meat and canned tuna.
Chemical Propertieswhite crystalline powder or colourless crystals
UsesTetrasodium Pyrophosphate is a coagulant, emulsifier, and sequestrant that is mildly alkaline, with a ph of 10. it is moderately soluble in water, with a solubility of 0.8 g/100 ml at 25°c. it is used as a coagulant in noncooked instant puddings to provide thicken- ing. it functions in cheese to reduce the meltability and fat separa- tion. it is used as a dispersant in malted milk and chocolate drink powders. it prevents crystal formation in tuna. it is also termed sodium pyrophosphate, tetrasodium diphosphate, and tspp.
General DescriptionOdorless, white powder or granules. Mp: 995°C. Density: 2.53 g cm-3. Solubility in water: 3.16 g / 100 mL (cold water); 40.26 g / 100 mL boiling water. Used as a wool de-fatting agent, in bleaching operations, as a food additive. The related substance Tetrasodium pyrophosphate decahydrate (Na4P2O7 0H2O) occurs as colorless transparent crystals. Loses its water when heated to 93.8°C.
Reactivity ProfileTetrasodium pyrophosphate is basic. Reacts exothermically with acids. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents. Decomposes in ethyl alcohol.
HazardToxic by inhalation.
Safety ProfilePoison by ingestion, intraperitoneal, intravenous, and subcutaneous routes. It is not a cholinesterase inhibitor. When heated to decomposition it emits toxic fumes of POx and Na2O.
Enzyme inhibitorThis conjugate base (also called diphosphate and previously inorganic pyrophosphate; abbreviated PPi) of pyrophosphoric acid (FW = 177.98 g/mol; pK1 = 0.85, pK2 = 1.96, pK3 = 6.60, and pK4 = 9.41 (at 25°C); pKa values sensitive to changes in ionic strength) is commonly supplied as its crystalline sodium salts that are very soluble in water. Pyrophosphate anion hydrolyzes to orthophosphate, but much more slowly pyrophosphoric acid. Pyrophosphate binds many metal ions quite tightly. This property alone often accounts for its inhibition of numerous enzymes. The Mg2+-HP2O7 3– stability constant is reported to be 1200 M–1.1 Values for Ni2+, Cu2+, Co2+, and Zn2+ are higher.
Tetrasodium pyrophosphate Preparation Products And Raw materials
Tetrasodium pyrophosphate Suppliers
View Lastest Price from Tetrasodium pyrophosphate manufacturers
|Image||Release date||Product||Price||Min. Order||Purity||Supply Ability||Manufacturer|
|US $1.00 / kg||1kg||98%||500kg||career henan chemical co|
7722-88-5(Tetrasodium pyrophosphate)Related Search:
- Sodium phosphate (pyro)
- PYROPHOSPHATE TETRASODIUM
- Sodium pyrophosphate tetrabasic anhydrous
- sodium diphosphate tetrabasic
- sodium pyrophosphate tetrabasic
- sodium pyrophosphate, anhydrous, tech.
- phosphonooxyphosphonic acid
- Sodium Pyrophosphate Tetra, 10-Hydrate
- Sodium diphosphate tetrabasic, Tetrasodium pyrophosphate
- sodium pyophosphate,anhydrous for food
- SODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE, 10-HYDRATE
- SODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE TETRABASIC DECAHYDRATE
- SODIUM TETRAPYROPHOSPHATE
- PYROPHOSPHATE INORGANIC
- Pyrophosphoric acid，tetrasodiumsalt
- Tetrasodium phosphonato phosphate
- Diphosphoric acid tetrasodium
- Sodium Pyrophosphate(Anhidride)
- SODIUM DI
- Pyrophosphate sodium salt
- SODIUM PYROPHOSPHAYE
- SodiuM Pyrophosphate Anhydrous FCC
- SodiuM pyrophosphate tetrabasic >=95%
- Sodium pyrophosphate tetrabasic Vetec(TM) reagent grade, 95%
- Food Grade Sodium Pyrophosphate Anhydrous
- DIPHOSPHORIC ACID TETRASODIUM SALT
- DIPHOSPHORIC ACID, TETRASODIUM SALT, DECAHYDRATE
- DECAHYDRATE TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE
- TETRA-SODIUM DIPHOSPHATE
- TETRA-SODIUM DIPHOSPHATE-10-HYDRATE
- TETRA-SODIUM DIPHOSPHATE DECAHYDRATE
- TETRASODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE
- SODIUM DIPHOSPHATE
- SODIUM DIPHOSPHATE DECAHYDRATE
- SODIUM DIPHOSPHATE TETRABASIC DECAHYDRATE
- SODIUM PYROPHOSPHATE