Lead monoxide Properties
- Melting point:
- 886 °C(lit.)
- Boiling point:
- 1470 °C
- vapor pressure
- 10 mm Hg ( 0 °C)
- refractive index
- storage temp.
- Store below +30°C.
- Soluble in concentrated alkali, HCl and ammonium chloride. Insoluble in dilute alkali and alcohol.
- Specific Gravity
- 8-9 (100g/l, H2O, 20℃)(slurry)
- Water Solubility
- Soluble in concentrated alkali, hydrochloric acid, and ammonium chloride. Insoluble in water, dilute alkali and alcohol.
- Stable. Reacts violently with hydrogen peroxide, strong oxidizing agents, aluminium, zirconium, halogens, sulphur trioxide, boron, silicon, sodium, zinc.
- CAS DataBase Reference
- 1317-36-8(CAS DataBase Reference)
- NIST Chemistry Reference
- Lead monoxide(1317-36-8)
- EPA Substance Registry System
- Lead oxide (PbO)(1317-36-8)
- Risk and Safety Statements
|RIDADR||UN 2291 6.1/PG 3
|HS Code||2824 10 00|
|Toxicity||LD50 i.p. in rats: 40 mg Pb/100g (Bradley, Fredrick)|
Lead monoxide price More Price(30)
|Manufacturer||Product number||Product description||CAS number||Packaging||Price||Updated||Buy|
|Sigma-Aldrich||15338||Lead(II) oxide puriss. p.a., ≥99.0% (KT), yellow||1317-36-8||50g||$37.2||2018-11-13||Buy|
|Sigma-Aldrich||15338||Lead(II) oxide puriss. p.a., ≥99.0% (KT), yellow||1317-36-8||1kg||$139||2018-11-13||Buy|
|Alfa Aesar||010728||Lead(II) oxide, Puratronic?, 99.9995% (metals basis)||1317-36-8||25g||$149||2018-11-16||Buy|
|Alfa Aesar||010728||Lead(II) oxide, Puratronic?, 99.9995% (metals basis)||1317-36-8||100g||$487||2018-11-16||Buy|
|Strem Chemicals||93-8219||Lead(II) oxide (99.999+%-Pb) PURATREM||1317-36-8||50g||$173||2018-11-13||Buy|
Lead monoxide Chemical Properties,Uses,Production
Chemical propertiesYellow tetragonal powder; insoluble in water and ethanol; soluble in acetone, nitric acid, caustic soda and ammonium chloride.
Toxicity(1) see lead monoxide
(2) The early poisoning symptom is that lead lines appear on the edge of the gums, which may not appear when obviously poisoning, and the skin is soil gray. Neurasthenic syndrome will also emerge in the early period of poisoning. The cerebellar poisoning can result in lead poisoning depression, lead poisoning mania, as well as lead toxicity and paralysis sensitivity multiple neuritis. The lead poisoning can also cause hypochromic anemia and metabolic and endocrine disorders. Moreover, the lead poisoning can inhibit the activity of certain enzymes in digestive system and cause indigestion, abdominal severe pain and liver damage. And it can also cause high blood pressure and cholesterol increasing.
If there is severe abdominal pain, some measures can be taken, such as subcutaneous injection of atropine and other drugs, abdominal warm, enema, hot water bath and so on.
The maximum allowable concentration in air is 0.01 mg/m3.
Wearing mask in operation can block 95% to 97% of lead dust. When steam concentration is high, the filter-type gas mask or hose-type gas masks can be used to mandatorily supply fresh air. In the workplace, eating and smoking are prohibited during working hours. It is essential to take a shower after work and gargle and brush your teeth before meals and after work. After bathing, the lead on the hands or other contaminated parts should also be washed with 1% acetic acid solution. People who have symptoms of lead poisoning should be temporarily out of work, and serious people should be exchanged to the operating post long-termly exposed to lead.
Uses1. Lead oxide is Mainly used in electron tubes, picture tubes, optical glass, anti-X-ray lead glass and radiation-resistant rubber products.
2. Used in smelting metal lead and preparing lead glass, lead compound, catalyst and paint drier.
3. Used as analytical reagents, silicate flux, but also for the precipitation of amino acids
4. Lead oxide is used in the manufacture of PVC plastic stabilizer and also is the raw materials of other lead salts. In the paint industry, it can be used with oil to make lead soap for paint driers. It can also be used in the manufacture of high refractive index optical glass, ceramic enamel, plane grinding agent of precision machine tool, medical raw materials and rubber coloring agent. It is also used for battery plate manufacturing, oil refining and so on.
5. Used as pigments, metallurgical fluxes and paint driers, and also used in petroleum, rubber, glass, enamel and other industries
6. Used as fluxing agents of decomposing silicate and metallurgy and paint driers, and also used for determination of gold and silver and precipitation of amino acids. It can be blended with glycerol to produce hard materials as adhesives in glass and rubber industry.
Production method(1) Lead oxidation method: heat lead for melting to make lead tablets, and then grind at 170~210℃ and roast for oxidation at high temperature above 600℃. The oxide products are grind to obtain the finished lead oxide.
2Pb + O2→2PbO
(2) The lead oxidation method sees "lead monoxide".
Hazards & Safety InformationCategory Toxic substances
Toxicity classification high toxicity
Peritoneal-rat LDL0: 430 mg/kg; Abdominal-mouse LD50: 217 mg/kg
Stimulation Data Skin-Rabbit 100 mg/24 h mild
Flammability Hazardous properties
Non-combustible materials; heated to produce toxic lead-containing fumes
Storage and transportation characteristics
Stored in the low-temperature, well-ventilated and dry warehouse and stored separately with food additives
Fire extinguishing agent water, foam, sand, carbon dioxide
Occupational Standard TLV-TWA 0.15 mg (lead)/m3; STEL 0.04 mg (lead)/m3
DescriptionLead(II) oxide occurs in two polymorphs, red, having a tetragonal crystal structure and yellow, having an orthorhombic crystal structure. Both forms occur naturally as rare minerals. The red form is known as “Litharge” and the yellow form is known as “Massico”.
Chemical Propertieslight yellow-orange powder
UsesAssay of gold and silver ores.
UsesIn ointments, plasters; preparing solution of lead subacetate. Glazing pottery; glass flux for painting on porcelain and glass; lead glass; varnishes; with glycerol as metal cement; producing iridescent colors on brass and bronze; coloring sulfur-containing substances, e.g., hair, nails, wool, horn; manufacture of artificial tortoise shell and horn; pigment for rubber; manufacture of boiled linseed oil; in assay of gold and silver ores.
General DescriptionOdorless gray or yellow green or red-brown solid. Sinks in water.
Reactivity ProfileLead monoxide has weak oxidizing or reducing powers. Redox reactions can however still occur. The majority of compounds in this class are slightly soluble or insoluble in water. If soluble in water, then the solutions are usually neither strongly acidic nor strongly basic. These compounds are not water-reactive. Aluminum carbide is oxidized with incandescence on warming with lead oxide, [Mellor, 1946, Vol. 5, 872]. Mixtures of lead oxide with aluminum powder(as with other metals: sodium, zirconium) give a violent explosions, [Mellor, 1946, Vol. 5, 217, 1941].
Health HazardGeneral symptoms of lead poisoning (delayed). Inhalation or ingestion causes abdominal pain (lead colic), metallic taste in mouth, loss of weight, pain in muscles, and muscular weakness. Dust may irritate eyes.
Purification MethodsHigher oxides are removed by heating under vacuum at 550o with subsequent cooling under vacuum. It is red at room temperature but becomes yellow at high temperatures (~480o) reversibly. [Ray & Ogg J Am Chem Soc 78 5994 1956, Kwestroo et al. J Inorg Nucl Chem 29 39 1967.]
Lead monoxide Preparation Products And Raw materials
|Mainchem Co., Ltd.||+86-0592-6210733
|career henan chemical co||+86-371-86658258
|SHANDONG ZHI SHANG CHEMICAL CO.LTD||+86 18953170293
||+86 0531-67809011||[email protected]||CHINA||2995||58|
|Haihang Industry Co.,Ltd||86-531-88032799
||+86 531 8582 1093||[email protected]||CHINA||8922||58|
|Hubei xin bonus chemical co. LTD||86-13657291602
|Chongqing Chemdad Co., Ltd||+86-13650506873
|J & K SCIENTIFIC LTD.||400-666-7788 +86-10-82848833
||86-10-82849933||[email protected];[email protected]||China||96815||76|
|Meryer (Shanghai) Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.||+86-(0)21-61259100(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170099(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-62670440(Beijing)
||+86-(0)21-61259102(Shanghai) +86-(0)755-86170066(ShenZhen) +86-(0)10-88580358(Beijing)||[email protected]||China||40269||62|
|Alfa Aesar||400-610-6006; 021-67582000
|Beijing dtftchem Technology Co., Ltd.||13651141086; 86(10)60275028、60275820
||86 (10) 60270825||[email protected]||China||1403||62|
View Lastest Price from Lead monoxide manufacturers
|Image||Release date||Product||Price||Min. Order||Purity||Supply Ability||Manufacturer|
|US $2.00 / kg||1kg||99%||ask||career henan chemical co|
1317-36-8(Lead monoxide)Related Search:
- c.i. 77577
- LEAD OXIDE YELLOW
- LEAD MONOXIDE
- LEAD MONOXIDE, YELLOW
- LEAD(II) OXIDE
- LEAD(II) OXIDE YELLOW
- lead (II) oxide, litharge, lead oxide
- lead oxide regular
- Lead oxide yellow granular
- Lead(II) oxide (99.9999+% Pb) PURATREM
- Lead(II) oxide 99+%
- Lead(II)oxide 99%
- litharge granular
- litharge irregular
- C. I. Pigment Yellow 46 (77577)
- Yellow Lead Oxide
- lead monoxide for electronic use
- lead protc,fide
- Lead(ii) oxide, 99.999%
- LEAD(II) OXIDE, 99.70%
- Lead(ii) oxide, powder, <10 micron, 99.9+%
- Lead(II) oxide, powder, <10 micron
- Lead(II) oxide,99.9+%,powder, <10 micron
- Lead(II) oxide,99.7%
- Lead(II) Oxide, Puratronic (Metals Basis)
- Lead(II) Oxide (Litharge)
- Lead(I) Oxide 99.999%
- litharge regular
- yellow lead monoxide
- Yellow Lead Oxide Granular
- LEAD OXIDE (YELLOW)/LITHARGE
- LEAD OXIDE YELOW PB
- LEAD(II) OXIDE 99+% A.C.S. REAGENT
- LEAD(II) OXIDE, DAC, B. P. C.
- Lead(II) oxide, 99.999% metals basis
- Lead(II) oxide, powder, <10 micron, 99.9+% metals basis
- Lead(Ⅱ)oxide yellow
- LEAD(II) OXIDE (PBO)
- Pigment yellow 46